Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Art Imperial: Surf Suburban EP

Surf Suburban EP Cover Art

The Surf Suburban EP is the debut from Art Imperial, otherwise known as Toronto singer/songwriter Arthur C. Imperial. The six tracks jump right out at you with raucous garage rock, with similarities that range widely from Hunx and his Punx to the Raveonettes. Art Imperial gives us melodic, driving music with every track on the EP a winner. My personal favorites are The One You Choose, a dreamy, haunting song that seems to go right to the soul and Bugs Out My Mind, a ballad with a great guitar riff and beautiful harmonies with a wall of sound feel. Imperial shows us some impressive musicianship with him playing all the instruments. No drum machines here. He proves one can make a really fine band out of me, myself and I. Stream and download the Surf Suburban EP at the link below.